Find Your Voice
BIPOC Storytelling Workshop with Emmanuel Jal
Now more than ever, with the two global pandemics (COVID-19 and racial injustices), tragedies remind us that we must speak up, and ensure that our voices are heard. The most powerful way to do so is through storytelling.
Recipient of The Desmond Tutu Reconciliation Award 2017, Emmanual Jal, started his life as a child soldier in war torn South-Sudan during the 1980s and after overcoming a number of struggles, transformed his life, eventually becoming a successful and acclaimed recording artist, peace activist, entrepreneur and life performance coach.
Emmanuel provides us with tools to think clearly and strategically in order to manage our thoughts and emotions, and engage our minds to create the life we want so we can tell our story.
Jal will lead the BIPOC attendees through a one-day workshop on how best to amplify our voices, what framework and tools are needed, creating safe spaces for courageous speakers, and how to build empathy and make change; because silence is no longer an option, and because our voices, our stories need to be told. Woven together, our courageous and authentic stories can persuade, influence and inspire a better future.
- Date: POSTPONED to September due to COVID
- Contact: To be put on contact list for updates, email: [email protected]
- Time: 10am-5pm
- Location: Big Red Barn, 132 McKinley Crossroad, Picton
- Regular Ticket: $197
- Includes Workshop, Light Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Mixer event and printed training materials
- VIP Ticket: $297 – ONLY 12 Spots Available
- In addition to the Regular Ticket benefits above, VIP Seating, Lunch with Emmanuel, Emmanuel’s Memoir – War Child and photo op
- Regular Ticket: $197
- Limit 40 tickets available approved by HPE Public Health
- To register for event, email: [email protected]
This 7 Hour Workshop Includes:
- Emmanuel’s Framework of Habits / Beliefs / Environment
- Manage our thoughts and emotions
- Improve our focus and generate new ideas
- Activate our motivating circuit to achieve our goals, walk in our purpose and reach our full potential
- Increase our mental power and emotional intelligence
- Create mental space to think clearly and creatively
- Take Away Training Materials
- Light Breakfast / Lunch / Snack / Afternoon Beverage
Come to beautiful Prince Edward County for this special workshop and enjoy all The County has to offer from art, wineries/breweries, food and nature. We look forward to having you join us at Big Red Barn, a peaceful farmhouse retreat welcoming guests with its communal, serene and healing energy. The workshop will be outdoors where the barn and the lilac bushes will be the backdrop for this special event.
Event Supported By:
MEETING COVID-19 REGULATIONS:
- Mask Required
- Social Distancing will be maintained of 6ft
- This will be updated as we get closer to the date of the event.
For Questions and Sponsorship Inquiries, email: [email protected]